Chairmen of 59 district council take oath
DHAKA : First ever elected chairmen of 59 district
councils have taken oath today.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath at a function at Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) here this morning.
The elections to 59 district councils were held on December 28 after 16 years of passing the relevant law in 2000. It was the first direct election in the 131-year history of the district council.
Elections to Kushtia and Bogra district councils were not held due to legal complications while elections to three hill district councils are held under a separate law.
Oath of the elected members of the district council would be held on January 18.
Rural Development and Cooperatives Minister Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain and Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Quader were present on the occasion conducted by Abdul Malek, secretary of the LGRD Ministry.
Cabinet members, PM’s advisors, presidents and general secretaries of district chapters of Awami League and senior government officials were present.
More News »
- Celebrities Who Love Watching Porn
- Actor Kalyan Corraya gets bail
- Want to reduce your BP and cholesterol, start eating blue maize
- Jewelleries that can dazzle your look, this 2017!
- President for highlighting country's history, heritage in film
- Wear your leather jacket stylishly
- Busting common myths about sunglasses
- Affleck's sex scenes with Miller ended in tears
- Finding love, not money, key to a happy life
- Contraceptives do not kill sexual desire
- Sonam hates removing make-up after parties!
- ‘Dangal’ inching closer to 350 Crore mark, creates HISTORY
- It's a good time for me: Priyanka
- Here's how hubby Karan made Bipasha's b'day extra special
- Celebs In The Most Bold Dresses Ever