Chairmen of 59 district council take oath
DHAKA : First ever elected chairmen of 59 district
councils have taken oath today.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina administered the oath at a function at Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) here this morning.
The elections to 59 district councils were held on December 28 after 16 years of passing the relevant law in 2000. It was the first direct election in the 131-year history of the district council.
Elections to Kushtia and Bogra district councils were not held due to legal complications while elections to three hill district councils are held under a separate law.
Oath of the elected members of the district council would be held on January 18.
Rural Development and Cooperatives Minister Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain and Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Quader were present on the occasion conducted by Abdul Malek, secretary of the LGRD Ministry.
Cabinet members, PM’s advisors, presidents and general secretaries of district chapters of Awami League and senior government officials were present.
More News »
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises