Carberry set for return after cancer operation
LONDON, shadhinbangla24.com : Former England batsman Michael Carberry could be back in training soon just six months after he was diagnosed with cancer, Hampshire’s director of cricket Giles White revealed on Tuesday.
The 36-year-old — who played the last of his six Tests in 2014 —
underwent an operation on the tumour and White said he had been very
encouraged when he saw him earlier this month.
“Carbs is doing really well after a successful operation. He looked a lot better when I saw him before Christmas,” he told the Southern Daily Echo.
“He was looking to start practising again in the new year so hopefully he’ll be in the nets soon. It’s now about working back to full fitness.
“We’ll support him in any way we can.”
Carberry, who found out he had cancer when he sat out a county
championship match in July because he was feeling unwell, previously suffered from ill health in November 2010 when he had blood clots on one of his lungs for which he is still taking medication.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem