Carberry set for return after cancer operation
LONDON, shadhinbangla24.com : Former England batsman Michael Carberry could be back in training soon just six months after he was diagnosed with cancer, Hampshire’s director of cricket Giles White revealed on Tuesday.
The 36-year-old — who played the last of his six Tests in 2014 —
underwent an operation on the tumour and White said he had been very
encouraged when he saw him earlier this month.
“Carbs is doing really well after a successful operation. He looked a lot better when I saw him before Christmas,” he told the Southern Daily Echo.
“He was looking to start practising again in the new year so hopefully he’ll be in the nets soon. It’s now about working back to full fitness.
“We’ll support him in any way we can.”
Carberry, who found out he had cancer when he sat out a county
championship match in July because he was feeling unwell, previously suffered from ill health in November 2010 when he had blood clots on one of his lungs for which he is still taking medication.
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways