Cabinet approves law reducing ansars service confirmation period
DHAKA : The Cabinet today gave its final approval the draft of the ‘Ansar Battalion (amendment) Act, 2016 with proposal for relaxing the rules and tenure to confirm of the service of the ansar force in its weekly meeting with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Briefing reporters after the meeting at Bangladesh Secretariat, Cabinet Secretary Mohammad Shafiul Alam said a member of the parapolice unit would now be confirmed in the job after six years of service, which until now required nine years.
After enactment of the law, he said, a person working as an embedded member in the ansar for six years will be considered for confirmation of service.
The Cabinet today also gave permission for cutting and removal of trees of the natural and generated forests under the Forest Department for implementation of the construction gas distribution pipeline from Sreepur to Joydevpur by the Titans Gas Transmission and Distribution Company Limited.
About 4,011 woody trees and 9,345 small trees would be fallen for construction of the three-kilometer gas pipeline.
Titas gas would have to plant double trees in the area to compensate the loss of felling trees in the area, the cabinet decided.
At the beginning, the cabinet adopted an obituary resolution expressing profound shock at the death of former ICT affairs minister and civil servant Mostafa Faruki Mohammad, the cabinet secr etary said.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby