Bringing Enlightenment from the Dark Age
JHALAKATHI : Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu, MP, said today that the people are united under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and also under the leadership of the 14-Parties’ Alliance to bring enlightenment to a dark age of militancy, communalism and crimes.
“We want to restore the spirit of the Liberation War, “Inu said. “Those who had opposed the Liberation War don’t want prosperity and peace and are patronizing militancy,” he added.
The minister said that if militancy was bad then those who patronized it, like Khaleda Zia, were equally bad. “If militancy was to be defeated their patrons also needed to be eliminated, “he said.
“We will hold the election with the participation of all. But it has to be without the patrons of militancy, “he said.
Referring to the media, he said “Democracy and the media go hand-in-hand. The media and Sheikh Hasina’s government were waging a relentless campaign against militancy, communalism and war crimes. We’re victorious, they’re cornered. But the struggle is on.”
The information minister was speaking while inaugurating the golden jubilee of the local Press Club.
Speaking as chief guest, Industries’ Minister Amir Hossain Amu said “The Club is witness to history and heritage. It was established five years before Liberation”.
He asked journalists to speak the truth. He also said the country was progressing under the leadership of Sheikh Hasina. And that must be reflected in the media.
Decrying the atrocities done by BNP during the January 5, 2014 election, he said it amounted to “mass murder”. He said those who had killed innocent people should be called as such and there could be no compromise with them.
He also said that if the election was not held on January 5 it would have created a “constitutional vacuum.”
Earlier, the program started at 10 in the morning with the hoisting of the national flag and the Press Club flag. Later a colorful procession paraded the town’s streets.
The meeting was chaired by the convener of the golden jubilee celebration committee, Advocate Manjil Morshed. Among others, local elites spoke on the occasion.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem