BNP’s past records disqualified it to get meeting venue
DHAKA : Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today said Dhaka Metropolitan Police might have information of sabotage that discouraged police to allocate venue for BNP to hold their rally in city.
Quader made this comment while visiting the podium of a grand rally set for Sohrawardy Uddayan to mark the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s Home Coming Day on January 10.
The minister said he, however, has little idea about the reasons behind police denial to BNP rally, but he assumed that police might have considered BNP’s previous activities that often led peaceful situations to anarchic conditions.
The Awami League leader said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was expected to deliver policy statement at the rally on January 10, which will be the largest since the national convention of the party held in October last.
He also hoped that tens of thousands of people would join the rally to rejoice their victory over the fight against militancy, fundamentalism and conspiracies.
Awami League leaders Mohammad Nasim, Mahbub-ul Alam Hanif, Jahangir Kabir Nanak, BM Mozammel Haque, AFM Bahauddin Nasim, Enamul Haque Shamim, Ashim Kumar Ukil, Advocate Afzal Hossain, Abdus Sabur and Mirza Azam, among others, were present.
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways