BNP to join polls with election-time govt in place
Dhaka : Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) senior leader Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain on Saturday said there is no question of revoking their party registration as it will join the next general election by establishing an election-time neutral government.
‘You (AL leaders) are saying BNP must join the next polls in fear of losing its registration. We would like to say, it is people, not you, are the owners of this country. There’s no question of cancellation of our party’s registration as we’ll take part in the election by installing an election-time government,’ he told a discussion, reports UNB.
Mosharraf, a BNP standing committee member, further said, ‘If BNP’s registration is cancelled, then no party in the country will have the registration.’
He also warned the government not to push the country towards an anarchic situation only to protect any personal and party interests.
Jatiyatabadi Nagorik Dal, a pro-BNP platform, arranged the programme at the Jatiya Press Club, demanding the withdrawal of ‘false’ cases filed against BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia and its senior vice chairman Tarique Rahman.
Mosharraf said their party is always ready to join a fair, neutral and participatory election as it is a liberal democratic party. ‘We together with people will establish an election-time government and join the polls under Khaleda Zia’s leadership.’
He said Awami League leaders are carrying out campaigns that BNP will be weakened as Khaleda Zia is going to be convicted in corruption cases and the election must be held under Sheikh Hasina only to demoralise BNP leaders and activists ahead of the next polls.
The BNP leader called upon the ruling party leaders to stop such propaganda, saying the government will not be able to convict Khaleda as the cases filed against her are ‘false and fabricated’.
He also hoped that their party will come to power by winning the next election if it is held in a free and fair manner.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem