BNP needs change in its leadership
DHAKA : Awami League Publicity and Publication Secretary Dr Hasan Mahmud today said BNP would require to bring about changes in its leadership to help return the party to constructive politics.
“We don’t want to see BNP as a party of hurling petrol bombs and creating anarchy, we want a democratic and strong BNP . . . So the party needs the change in its leadership,” he said while speaking at a discussion on Bangabandhu’s Homecoming Day at Jatiya Press Club here.
Hasan, also the former environment and forest minister, alleged that BNP along with communal forces started hatching conspiracies against the government and the state failing to face the Awami League politically.
He called upon the BNP to severe ties with the anti-liberation forces in the greater interest of the country’s democracy.
The AL leader said the BNP frequently issued threats against the government of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina through media as contrary to the absence of the party’s leaders and workers on the streets.
“BNP has no contacts with the people . . . The existence of the party would not be visible excepting mass media,” Hasan observed.
Jatiya Ganotantrik League and NAP-Bhasani organized the discussion with NAP-Bhasani Chairman Abul Kalam Azad, MP, in the chair.
Among others, Swechchasebak League President Molla Mohammad Abu Kawsar, Vice-President of Jatiya Press club Freedom Fighter Azizul Islam Bhuiyan and Bangladesh Krishak League Vice-President Sheikh Mohammad Jahangir Alam, among others, took part in the discussion.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby