BNP, Khaleda incubator of militancy
DHAKA : Information Minister Hasanul Hauqe Inu today dubbed BNP and its chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia as the incubator for hatching terrorism and militancy across Bangladesh but hoped that they would shun their conventional paths and participate in next general election.
“BNP has to participate in upcoming election. Also they have to give up the role of incubation for militancy and terrorism,” he said while speaking at a discussion titled “Role of Swadhin Bangla Nucleus in Nation State Building and Kazi Aref” at Liberation War Museum here.
Shahid Kazi Aref Fundation organised the programme to mark the 18th death anniversary of Kazi Aref, a veteran JSD leader and an organiser of Bangladesh’s liberation war who was killed in Daulatpur, Kushtia, on February 16, 1999. Three of his murderers were hanged to death early 2016 after a long legal battle.
Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan also spoke on the occasion.
Inu, in an oblique reference, said General Ziaur Rahman brought venomous snakes of militancy and Razakars out of their holes, released them in politics and nurtured them at different parts of the country to pollute politics, culture and society. Begum Zia has been following her husband’s legacy, he added.
The minister said Begum Zia had been the prime minister for twice, but she has been the key patron for all evil forces in Bangladesh for time and again. The people have to remain alert against her conspiracies and motives.
Recalling the politics of Kazi Aref, Inu said, he had tried his level best to put the politics on right track. Like Kazi Aref, he said, the entire nation now has to struggle hard to keep democracy rolling and defeat militancy. He also called BNP to prepare for the next general elections and test their popularity.
Shajahan Khan said BNP and its historic friend Jammat-E-Islami were on their relentless efforts to make troubles in the country but much of those were foiled. The people have to remain united to eliminate militancy from this soil.
President of Shahid Kazi Aref Foundation Kazi Masud Ahammad chaired the function, which was also addressed, among others, by MA Bhashani, MA Jalil, Moinul Islam Moyna, Hena Khandaker and Kabir Chowdhury Tonmoy.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem