BNP has to take part in next polls: Ershad
RANGPUR : Special Envoy to the Prime Minister and Jatiya Party (JP) Chairman Alhaj Hussein Muhammad Ershad here today said BNP has to participate in the next general elections as there is no alternative left for the party.
“If BNP does not take part in the next general elections, its registration will be cancelled and the party would not take the risk anymore,” Ershad told local journalists while talking to them at his ‘Polli Nibas’ residence in the city.
Responding to a question, Ershad said that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has already said it is not good that the statue should be there on the High Court premises.
“Earlier, there was a scale on the High Court premises for long, and if the Islamic parties wage agitations for removal of the statue, it will not be unjustified,” Ershad said.
He said “Like Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, I want to have faith in the commitment of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi of inking the Teesta water-sharing treaty within the tenure of the two Prime Ministers,” Ershad said.
President of Rangpur district unit of Jatiya Party Mofazzal Hossain Master, its city unit President Mostafizur Rahman Mostafa and General Secretary SM Yasser, leaders of district and city units were present.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem