BNP has no option but to join polls: Tofail
DHAKA : Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed today said BNP has no option but to join the next general election and the party will face damage if it tries to create anarchy in the country.
“Election will be held in due time and it will take place under the present government. There is no polls-time supportive government system in any democratic country and there is no scope of introducing such a system in Bangladesh,” said Tofail while speaking at the inaugural programme of ‘Hettich Centre’ at Banani here.
“Whatever you (BNP leaders) say, the election will be held as per the constitution,” he added.
The commerce minister said BNP has no ability to do anything against the government. If anyone tries to create unrest in the country, the law enforcement forces will take steps against them, he said.
Tofail said the country needs political stability for development. Different renowned brands of the world are now coming forward to create market in Bangladesh for their products as the people of Bangladesh are inclining to modern life-style because of a rise in their purchasing power, he added.
Managing director of Fresh Export Import Limited and Chairman of Shahjalal Islami Bank Tawhidur Rahman also spoke on the occasion.
Fresh Export Import Limited is marketing the intelligent kitchen and furniture solutions of the Germany-based Hettich brand in Bangladesh.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby