Biman earns a profit of Tk 276cr in FY16
DHAKA : Biman Bangladesh Airlines made profits in the second consecutive fiscal, as it registered a profit of Taka 276 crore in fiscal 2015-16.
Earlier in fiscal 2014-15, Biman had earned a profit of Taka 324 crore, said a press release.
In FY16, the state-run carrier has earned revenue of Taka 4,645 crore. During the period, Biman has ferried a total of 23 lakh passengers which was 20 lakh in fiscal 2014-15.
Besides, Biman has shipped 40,911 tonnes of cargo, but the figure could not be inflated due to temporary ban on direct freight to London. During the fiscal, Biman has attained 69 percent on time performance.
Biman is now running its operation with 10 wide-body and 2 narrow-body updated and advanced aircraft to 15 international and 7 domestic destinations.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem