BD, Myanmar agree to remove land mines from border areas
Dhaka : Bangladesh and Myanmar have agreed to remove improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and land mines planted along the border of the two countries to avoid any possible casualties and injuries.
The decision was taken at a six‐day border conference of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) and Myanmar Police Force (MPF) that concluded here on Thursday, BGB’s Additional Director General Anisur Rahman told a press briefing at its headquarters.
He said, ‘After detailed discussions, we’ve agreed to take necessary steps for removing improvised explosive devices and land mines from the border areas for smooth border management, including carrying out patrol.’
During the conference, he said, the BGB handed over a list of 49 Yaba factories inside Myanmar and asked the Myanmar delegation chief to take necessary steps to close down those as drug addiction is running the future of many youths.
Anisur Rahman said the Myanmar side took the issue seriously and assured Bangladesh of taking strong measures to stop Yaba trading along the border.
Besides, he said, the two sides agreed to share information about border issues and act accordingly.
The six‐day border conference began on 1 April.
Brigadier General Anisur Rahman led the 16‐member home side while Chief of Police General Staff Brigadier General Myo Swe Win led the six‐member delegation of Myanmar.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby