Bangladesh’s innovative agri-tech being appreciated globally: Noor
RANGPUR : Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor, MP, today afternoon said the innovative agricultural technologies of Bangladesh were being appreciated globally also bringing benefits to the foreign people.
“Expanded use of the innovative agricultural technologies has increased our food production several times making the country self-sufficient on food also opening the door of exporting the same abroad,” he said.
The Minister was addressing inaugural ceremony of the three-day ‘Agricultural Technology Fair- 2017’ being organised by the Department of Agriculture Extension (DAE) on the ‘Baro Math’ premises in Nilphamari district town as the chief guest.
The Integrated Agriculture, Nutrition and Food Security Project has been extending financial assistance in arranging the fair for creating awareness and disseminating latest agricultural technologies among the farmers.
Different departments and organisations have set up 55 stalls in the fair displaying agriculture technologies, machineries and cultural evenings are being arranged to focus on achievements by farmers using latest agri-technologies.
Hundreds of farmers, agriculture officials, experts and scientists, representatives of different farmers’ organisations, teachers, students, young generations, socio-cultural and political activists, civil society members and elite attended the inaugural ceremony.
With Regional Additional Director of DAE Shah Alam in the chair, Nilphamari Deputy Commissioner Zakir Hossain, Police Super Zakir Hossain Khan, Nilphamari Pourashava Mayor Dewan Kamal Ahmed and Deputy Director of DAE Golam Md Idris, addressed the occasion as special guests.
In their speeches, the speakers said the country already achieved epoch-making success in increasing crop production following pragmatic and time-befitting steps taken by the present pro-farmer government led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Dissemination of modern agriculture technologies easily in appropriate shape among the farmers had already become imperative to increase crop production for ensuring national food security amid changing climate, they said.
The chief guest said the present government always put due emphasis on keeping crop production increasing by ensuring optimum use of cultivable land, latest technologies and adapting to adverse impacts of climate change on the agriculture sector.
He called upon all concerned for expanded use of natural agricultural technologies to ensure proper food and nutrition values of the agro-products side by side with increasing crop production consistently to ensure food security.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby