Bangladesh to become a middle income country by 2021: Tofail
BHOLA : Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed said the present government led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been working tirelessly to turn Bangladesh into middle income country by 2021 and a developed one by 2041.
“The country is going ahead under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Bangladesh will be a middle income country by 2021 and a developed one by 2041,” he said while speaking as chief guest at a function here.
The newly elected Bhola Zila Parishad chairman and other office-bearers took over the charge at the programme. Zila Parishad chairman Abdul Momin Tolu presided over the programme.
Commerce minister said the government has a plan to generate 24,000 megawatt (MW) electricity by 2021 and if this plan is implemented, the government will be able to bring all people under the electricity connective.
He said Bangladesh is ahead of Pakistan in terms of forex reserves, exports and remittance earnings. Bangladesh exports goods worth US$34 billion while Pakistan exports products worth US$21 billion, he said, adding that Bangladesh’s forex reserves have stood at US$32 billion against Pakistan’s US$19 billion.
Tofail Ahmed said the next parliament elections will be held in any day before January 19, 2019 under the present government.
Speaking at the programme as special guest deputy minister for forest and environment Abdullah Al Islam Jacob said country’s southern region witnesses a massive development when Awami League comes to power.
He said thousands of leaders-activists of Awami League faced torture and repression during BNP-Jamaat rule. But Awami League did not carry out any repression and torture on political opponents in Bhola.
Ali Azam Mukur, MP, Nurunnabi Chowdhury Sawan and former secretary M Mozammel Haque also spoke at the programme.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem