Bangladesh improves in TI graft index
Dhaka : Bangladesh improved in latest Transparency International (TI) survey report, dropping two notches to rank 15th in the list of most corrupt countries in the world.
According to the report, Bangladesh stood 145th among 175 countries across the world based on corruption perception index (CPI) 2016 survey by TI.
Bangladesh scored 26 points. Last year, Bangladesh ranked 13th most corrupt countries scoring 25 points among 168 countries.
According to CPI 2016, Bangladesh is the second worst performer in South Asia, better than only Afghanistan, which has scored 15, ranked 169th.
Denmark and New Zealand scored the highest, 90, to top the 2016 list of least corrupt countries, followed by Finland scoring 89.
At the lowest position in the global list are Somalia and South Sudan, having scored 10 and 11 points respectively.
The Berlin-based global civil society group, which campaigns against corruption, has been publishing the report every year since 1995. Bangladesh was included in the index in 2001.
Bangladesh was earlier placed at the bottom of the list for five years from 2001-2005. In 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Bangladesh was ranked at no 3, 7, 10, 13, and 12 respectively.
In 2011 and 2012 Bangladesh ranked 13th, 16th in 2013, and 14th in 2014.
The index is based on perceived level of corruption in public sectors and misuse of public office or position.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby