Bangladesh Civil Aviation Authority Bill, 2017 passed in JS
SANGSAD BHABAN : The Jatiya Sangsad today passed the Bangladesh Civil Aviation Authority Bill, 2017 for updating the existing relevant legislation.
Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon moved the bill and the House endorsed the same in voice votes unanimously.
Earlier on March 28, 2016, the cabinet approved the draft of the Bangladesh Civil Aviation Authority Act to replace the existing Bangladesh Civil Aviation Authority Ordinance 1985 and for fulfilling the requirements of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
The bill suggested some corrections and modifications in the existing ordinance, which was also required to be redrafted along with a Bengali version in line with a Supreme Court order declaring illegal all ordinances, promulgated during the past martial law regimes.
According to the bill, the Civil Aviation Authority would be formed headed by chairman of the authority. It will also have six members to be appointed by the government.
The draft law authorizes the chairman to convene a CAAB meeting whenever he or she wishes while the quorum of the meeting would be fulfilled with the attendance of at least three of its members.
A high-powered governing body headed by the minister concerned would be formed under the law to oversee CAAB operations and policy-level decisions particularly in financial matters.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem