Bangladesh becomes permanent observer of OAS
Dhaka : Bangladesh has attained the status of Permanent Observer of the Organization of American States (OAS), the oldest multilateral regional organization founded by the United States in 1948.
Luis Almagro, Secretary General of OAS, has recently sent a letter to the Foreign Minister Abul Hassan Mahmood Ali to that effect.
In the letter, the OAS Secretary General said, “Through this new status, I anticipate a strengthened engagement and cooperation between our organization and your country for the common benefit of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and the Americas.’
Earlier, Bangladesh applied for the status of Permanent Observer of the OAS with a view that it would add value to the organization based on its shared convictions in the areas of democracy, human rights, security and development.
Moreover, it will also strengthen ties and facilitate deeper engagements of Bangladesh with the Latin American and Caribbean countries, according to a message received from the Foreign Ministry.
OAS has 35 members from North America, South America, Central America and the Caribbean countries with 72 permanent observers from all over the world.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby