Bangladesh becomes model for women empowerment
DHAKA : State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroj Chumki yesterday said Bangladesh has become a model for women empowerment.
“The country has achieved a significant progress in the field of women empowerment as they are advancing equally like their male counterparts,” she told a human chain held in front of the Jatiya Press Club here.
Department of Women Affairs and Multi-Sector Programme on Violence Against Women jointly organized the human chain on the occasion of the International Women’s Day-2017.
Chumki said, “We have to change patriarchal mindset towards women from all spheres of society. Womenfolk should be given equal opportunity to ensure their dignified life.”
Referring to different milestone programmes taken by the government for empowerment of women, she urged private sector to extend their cooperation to ensure involvement of women in the development process of the country.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby