Bangladesh axe Mahmudullah for second Sri Lanka Test
Dhaka : Bangladesh have dropped batsman Mahmudullah Riyad from their squad for the second Test against Sri Lanka in Colombo, a senior cricket official said on Monday.
‘Mahmudullah is coming back home before the second Test as he is struggling with form,’ said chief selector of the Bangladesh Cricket Board Minhajul Abedin.
‘A fast bowler will also return though we have not decided yet who he should be,’ he said.
Going into their 100th Test match on Wednesday at the P Saravanamuttu Stadium, Bangladesh are trailing the hosts 0-1 in a two-match series after last week’s crushing 259-run loss at Galle.
Mahmudullah, who has played 33 Test matches since his debut against the West Indies in 2007, scored 8 and 0 in the two innings at Galle.
The 31-year-old has scored only one half-century in last seven Tests.
Opening batsman Imrul Kayes has already joined the squad in Colombo as a replacement.
Imrul missed the last three Tests—respectively against New Zealand, India and Sri Lanka—because of a hamstring injury.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem