Bangladesh always supports Palestine: Raushon Ershad
DHAKA : Leader of the Opposition in Parliament Raushon Ershad yesterday reaffirmed Bangladesh’s unequivocal support for the rights of the Palestinian people for an independent homeland.
“Bangladesh’s 16 crore people always stand besides the Palestinian people . . . we want to see an independent Palestine with its own territory earmarked before 1967,” she said.
Raushon Ershad made the assertion while she met Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at a hotel in the city, said a release. During the meeting, Mahmoud Abbas expressed deep gratitude to the people and the government of Bangladesh for their continued support and assistance to Palestine. A total of 129 countries have so far extended their support to the just rights of self-determination and independence of Palestine.
Pointing out Bangladesh’s support to the Palestine during the Jatiya Party government, Raushon said all the subsequent governments of the country continued this support.
She called upon the international community to create pressure on the Israeli occupation force to stop its aggression and illegal settlements on the West Bank and Gaza.
Among others, Fakhrul Imam, MP, Opposition Whips in parliament Selim Uddin and Nurul Islam Omar MP, Noor-E-Hasna Lily Chowdhury ,MP, Rowshan Ara Mannan, MP, Palestinian Foreign Minister Dr Riad Al Maliki, Chief Justice Mahmuod SA Alhabbash, Presidential Spokesman Nabil Aburudainah and Advisor for Diplomatic Affairs Dr Majdi AM Khalidi were present on the occasion.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby