Bangladesh 225-5 at tea on day 1, 2nd test vs. New Zealand
Sports Desk : Bangladesh’s ambitions to set a strong first innings score was in the hands of two players on debut as the visitors went to tea on Friday at 225-5 on the first day of the second test against New Zealand.
Wicketkeeper Nurul Hasan was 31 and Nazmul Hossain Shanto was 15, in a partnership worth 46 as they struggled to stem a major reversal in the tourists’ fortunes since lunch.
Bangladesh had gone to the first interval at 128-2, in a strong position after losing the toss and being sent in on a greenish pitch at Hagley Oval. They owed that position to Soumya Sarkar and Shakib Hasan who compiled half centuries in a partnership which allowed Bangladesh to recover from the loss of two early wickets.
Sarkar (86) made his first half century in his fourth test while Shakib (59), who made a double century in the first test, notched his 20th test half century, as the partnership produced 127 runs.
But from 165-2, Bangladesh lost three wickets for 14 runs as Sarker, Sabbir Rahman (7) and Shakib were all dismissed.
Both the 23-year-old Nurul and 18-year-old Nazmul were handed their test debuts Friday in a Bangladesh team heavily depleted by injuries. Three players, including captain Mushfiqur Rahim, were unavailable for selection.
Sarkar replaced opener Imrul Kayes who was taken from the field on a stretcher during the first test at Wellington with a leg injury. Mushfiqur was also taken to hospital during that match after being struck by a bouncer. He was diagnosed with mild concussion and could not be considered for selection Friday.
Nurul was handed the gloves in Mushfiqur’s absence and opening batsman Tamim Iqbal assumed the captaincy in his 46th test. Nazmul replaced Mominul Haque who has injured ribs while Rubel Hossain replaced Subashis Roy — the only change to the Bangladesh lineup which was based on form.
Nurul and Nazmul did an outstanding job of steadying the Bangladesh innings before tea, batting out the last hour of the session.
– See more at: http://www.ennayadiganta.com/detail/news/27159#sthash.2oP8VJLb.dpuf
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby