Bangabandhu had a dream of secular state: speakers
DHAKA : Politicians, professionals and academicians at a discussion today said Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman had a dream of making secular state while his daughter Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been working restlessly to materialize her father’s dream.
“Bangabandhu had a dream to make Bangladesh a secular state as Hindu, Muslim, Buddhists and Christian have been living in the soil maintaining communal harmony for long years,” Awami League advisory council member Advocate Yusuf Hossain Humayun told at the discussion.
Bangabandhu Parishad organised the discussion at Jatiya Press Club (JPC) marking the Bangabandhu Homecoming Day with Bangabandhu Parishad General Secretary Dr SA Malek in the chair.
Jahangirnagar University (JU) former Vice-Chancellor (VC) Professor Anwar Hossain, Dhaka University (DU) Pro-Vice Chancellor Prof Mohammad Akhtaruzzaman, JPC President Muhammad Shafiqur Rahman, Bangabandhu Parishad acting general secretary Mahbub Uddin Ahmad Bir Bikram and Office Secretary Abdul Matin Bhuiyan, among others, addressed the function.
Prof Anwar Hossain said anti-liberation forces were hatching conspiracies against the country from the very outset and eventually they assassinated Bangabandhu and most of his family members under an orchestrated plot.
Prof Akhtaruzzaman said the anti-liberation forces wanted to make Bangladesh a failed state through the August 15 carnage in 1975.
“But they could not succeed as they are still hatching conspiracies against the state,” he said.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby