Around Tk 80lakh recovered from top UPDF leader’s residence
Khagrachhari : Huge amount of money was recovered from the residence of Pradipan Khisha, a leader of regional political party United Peoples Democratic Front (UPDF), during a drive of joint force in Khagrachhari, one of the three hilly districts of south-eastern Bangladesh.
The law enforcers conducted a raid at Pradipan’s residence in Jamtali area of district Sadar upazila in the early hours of Friday and recovered around Tk80lakh from the house.
The law enforcers said being tipped off the joint force conducted the drive at Pradipan’s residence. However, the UPDF leader was not present at his house during the drive.
The joint force also recovered extortion receipts and important documents including lists of sectors where the extortion money was being used.
The Khagrachhari Sadar police Officer-in-charge (OC) Tareq Mohammad Abdul Hannan said around Tk 78lakh 95,000 was recovered from Prandipan’s house.
A case will be filed in this connection, said the OC.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem