Arafat Sunny to remain in jail as court denies bail
Dhaka : A Dhaka tribunal denied a bail petition filed by Bangladesh National Team cricketer Arafat Sunny in a case filed against him under Information and Communication Technology (ICT) act.
Bangladesh Cyber Crime Tribunal Judge Saiful Islam denied the bail petition on Wednesday and sent him back to jail.
Earlier, on 12 February, a Dhaka court denied a bail petition filed by the player in a woman repression case and sent him to jail.
Nasrin Sultana, claimed to be his wife, filed a woman repression case against Arafat Sunny and his mother Nargis Akter, with Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal 4 on 1 February.
The court on the same day ordered Mohammadpur police to record the case statement.
On 22 January, the Mohammadpur police Bangladesh national team off-spinner Sunny in Aminbazar in a case filed against him under ICT act.
Jamaluddin Mir, officer‐in‐charge of the police station, said Nasrin Sultana, a friend of Sunny, filed the case against the cricketer under the ICT Act on 5 January.
Arafat Sunny is a left-handed batsman and slow left arm spinner of Bangladesh National Cricket team. The 30-year-old player made his debut for Dhaka Division in 2001. He broke into Bangladesh’s one-day international (ODI) side in early 2014.
He took 2-31 in his first outing against Sri Lanka, but his two best performances came in November 2014 when he took 4-27 and 4-29 in two matches against Zimbabwe, in a good show of form ahead of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem