Arafat Sunny put on remand
DHAKA : A court here today granted one-day remand to a national cricketer Arafat Sunny hours after of his arrest in a case filed under Information Communication Technology (ICT) Act.
Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) of Dhaka Pranab Kumar passed the order upon a five-day remand prayer by investigation officer (IO) of the case Sub Inspector (SI) Md Yahiya of Mohammad Police Station. A woman filed the case against Arafat Sunny on charges of posting an objectionable picture of her on social networking site using fake facebook IDs in her name in June and November last year.
The case was lodged with Mohammadpur Police Station on January 5 and police found the allegation true, officer-in-charge (OC) Jamal Uddin Meer told BSS.
Police arrested Arafat Sunny from his Aminbazar residence, on the outskirts of the capital city, around 9 this morning, he also said.
The woman claimed that she got married with Sunny two months back after an over seven-year affairs, he added.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem