Arafat Sunny bail rejected, sent to jail
Dhaka : A Dhaka court on Tuesday sent national cricketer Arafat Sunny to jail rejecting his bail pleas in a case filed under the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Act.
Metropolitan Magistrate Mohammad Jakir Hossain Tipu passed the order when police produced him before his court on completion of his one-day remand.
The court turned down the bail petition of the spinner when his lawyer Jewel Ahmed moved it.
Earlier on Sunday, Metropolitan Magistrate Pranab Kumar put Arafat Sunny on a one-day remand in the case filed by Nasrin Sultana, who claims to be Sunny’s wife.
Police arrested the national cricketer from Aminbazar area of Savar upazila on January 22.
Meanwhile, Nasrin filed another case on Monday against Arafat Sunny and his mother Nargis Akter on charge of demanding Tk 20 lakh as dowry.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem