Arafat Sunny arrested
Dhaka : Bangladesh National Team cricketer Arafat Sunny held by the Mohammadpur police over a case filed against him under Information Technology (IT) act.
Police held Arafat in Dhaka’s Aminbazar area on Sunday morning.
The Mohammadpur police Officer-in-charge Mir Jamal Uddin told NTV Online one of the friends of Arafat, Nasrin Sultana, filed a case against him under IT act. Arafat will be placed before court on Sunday.
Arafat Sunny is a left-handed batsman and slow left arm spinner of Bangladesh National Cricket team. The 30-year-old player made his debut for Dhaka Division in 2001. He broke into Bangladesh’s one-day international (ODI) side in early 2014.
He took 2-31 in his first outing against Sri Lanka, but his two best performances came in November 2014 when he took 4-27 and 4-29 in two matches against Zimbabwe, in a good show of form ahead of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem