Amu for expanding vocational education to expedite economic development
DHAKA : Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu today underscored the need for expanding vocational education for expediting the economic development of the country.
Over 60 to 70 percent students take vocational education in the developed countries whereas only 10 percent students take vocational education in Bangladesh, said Amu while speaking at the opening of the 150 years celebration programme of K.L Jubilee School and College here.
President of the school governing body of Haji Md Sahid chaired the inaugural session of the three-day celebration programme. Advocate Kazi Firoz Rashid MP, general secretary of Dhaka south Awami League Shahe Alam Murad, organizing secretary Hedayetul Islam Swapan, poet Ashim Saha and principal S N Roy Samar, among others, spoke on the occasion.
Amu said the present government has taken steps to expand vocational education along with the general one. It has already formulated National Education Policy 2010, he said, adding that students are given stipends, free books and girl students are allowed to continue study up to degree level without paying tuition fees.
He said primary education is the backbone of education and for this reason, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu nationalized 40,000 primary schools and 1.40 lakh posts of primary level teachers. Following the path of Bangabandhu, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina nationalized 37,000 private primary schools, he added.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem