AL to give nominations to acceptable persons
COMILLA : Awami League General Secretary and Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Quader yesterday said his party will not nominate any person unacceptable to people in the next polls.
“We have many flaws, which should be corrected. We have a long way to go. I would ask the leaders to rectify faults and go to the people,” he said speaking as chief guest at a rally organized by local Awami League at Chandina Women’s University College ground.
Presided over by Chandina Upazila AL President Principal Aiyub Ali, the rally was also addressed by AL Organizing Secretary Enamul Huq Shamim, Science and Technology Affairs Secretary Engineer Abdus Sabur, Principal Ali Ashraf, MP, and AL leaders Abdul Awal Sarkar, Jahangir Alam Sarkar, Badar Roy, Chandina Upazila Chairman Tapon Bakshi and Munilipality Mayor Mafizul Islam, among others.
Obaidul Quader said Sheikh Hasina is more popular than the Awami League. Under her able leadership, the country is developing in all fields, he said, adding that Sheikh Hasina is one of the 10 great leaders of the world.
Sheikh Hasina is the symbol of honesty and ideology, he said and urged all to follow the ideals of Bangabandhu and Sheikh Hasina.
The minister said the government is taking preparations to suggest the UN to declare March 25 as genocide day.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem