AL to face BNP’s movement politically: Quader
DHAKA : Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today said if BNP goes for a movement over the issue of constituting the new Election Commission, AL will face it politically.
“Unrealistic proposal won’t change anything as there is no scope or time to hold any more dialogue on constituting Election Commission,” he told newsmen while visiting the drive of Bangladesh Road Transport Authority (BRTA) on Manik Miah avenue here this afternoon.
The minister said if BNP wants to wage movement, they can do that. “But if the movement becomes violent, we will take steps considering the situation,” he said.
Referring to BNP leader Barrister Moudud Ahmed’s remarks that if the President’s talks with BNP prove to be unsuccessful, they will wage a movement, Quader expressed his doubt about it.
“I have no knowledge of how BNP will go for a movement. BNP leaders call each other ‘agents’ of the government. If they have such doubts and lack of confidence in themselves how will they build a movement,” he said.
The Awami League general secretary said they do not see BNP’s movement or struggle for a long time. “I forgot when I saw Moudud Saheb took to the street. If he favours a movement, he can do it. We will face it politically,” he said.
Earlier, the minister asked BRTA chairman not to provide license for small vehicles before scrutiny.
“The quantity of providing licenses to small vehicles is increasing day by day which is very alarming. It creates unbearable traffic jam in the street,” he said.
The minister urged all to be cautious in using vehicles. “The tendency of using cars in every family should be minimized. BRTA law should be placed in parliament soon as the law is at final stage,” he said.
BRTA Chairman Mashiur Rahman and Director Nazmul Ahsan Majumdar were present on the occasion, among others.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem