Awami League infighting kills farmer in Shariatpur
SHARIATPUR, SHADHINBANGLA24.COM : A farmer was killed and 25 people were injured in a clash between two factions of Awami League at Abdul Beparikandi village in Zanjira upazila of Shariatpur on Tuesday. (UNB reports)
The deceased was identified as Hossain Khan, 30, a farmer and a supporter of former Borokandi union parishad chairman Shafiq Bepari.
Quoting witnesses, police said Awami League leaders Shafiq Bepari and Siraj Sardar, current chairman of Borokandi union parishad, had long been at loggerheads over establishing supremacy in the area.
An altercation ensued between the supporters of two groups at Durgahat Bazar on Monday afternoon over the issue and as a sequel of the enmity, they equipped with bombs attacked each other around 8:30 am on Tuesday, leaving Hossain dead on the spot and 25 people injured.
Several bombs were blasted during the clash.
The injured were taken to Zanjira Upazila Health Complex from where three of them were shifted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital in the capital following deterioration of their condition.
Nazrul Islam, officer-in-charge of Zanjira Police Station, said police brought the situation under control. Four people were arrested from the spot, he said.
Additional police have been deployed in the area to fend off further trouble.
– See more at: http://www.ennayadiganta.com/detail/news/27050#sthash.2IDnnqWZ.dpuf
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby