AG expects exemplary punishment for seven-murder accused
Dhaka : Attorney General Mahbubey Alam on Sunday said he expects the court to hand the accused in sensational seven-murder case exemplary punishment.
“The people, who were involved in that pre-planned act, were designated to safeguard the lives, freedom and properties of the citizens. So their crimes are unforgivable,” he said.
The chief law officer of the state came up with the observations while talking to newsmen about the verdict, which is scheduled to be delivered on Sunday by a Narayanganj court.
“People of the country want the court to hand them exemplary punishments for their monstrous act which shook the nation,” Alam added.
Narayanganj City Corporation councilor Nazrul Islam along with his three aides and driver were kidnapped allegedly by a team of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB)-11 on April 27 in 2014.
Besides, senior lawyer Chandan Sarker and his driver Ibrahim were also picked up by the same team as they witnessed the abduction of Nazrul and his associates.
Subsequently all the seven bodies were found floating in the Shitalakkhya river.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem