ACC arrests suspended bank staff on graft charges
Comilla : The Anti‐Corruption Commission (ACC) arrested ex‐cashier of Agriculture Bank’s Masimpur branch from Alipur near Comilla Cantonment in Comilla early on Friday in a graft case.
Tipped off, an ACC team conducted a drive in the area and arrested Khandaker Abul Kalam Azad around 1:00am, said ACC deputy director Abul Kalam.
On 12 August, 2016, the ACC filed a case against the cashier for allegedly misappropriating Tk 75 lakh from the bank.
According to the case statement, Kalam embezzled the money of local Palli Bidyut office when he was the cashier at the bank branch.
Acting on a complaint from the Palli Bidyut office, the bank authorities suspended Kalam, and he remained absconding since then.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem