4,724 flats under construction for govt. employees
SANGSAD BHABAN : A programme has been undertaken
for constructing of 4,724 residential flats for mitigating housing
crisis of government employees.
Housing and Public Works Minister Engineer Mosharraf Hossian said
this in the Jatiya Sangsad today while replying to a tabled question
from treasury bench member Begum Wasika Ayesha Khan.
The minister said the residential flats are being constructed for
government employees at different levels.
He said some 448 residential flats are being constructed at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar for officials/employees of the Jatiya Sangsad Secretariat.
He informed the House that high-rise residential buildings are being constructed for judges of the Supreme Court. Multi-storied residential buildings are being constructed at Azimpur Government Colony and Motijheel, Mirpur Section-6 and Paikpara for government
officials/employees, he added.
Some 288 residential flats are being constructed at Mirpur Section-6 for officials/employees of the public works department and 10 residential flats for ministers on Baily Road and 114 flats for senior secretaries/secretaries/grade-1 officials at Eskaton, Engineer
He said that 456 flats are being constructed for government
officials/employees at Malibagh and 672 flats at Aliganj in
Besides, the government has also a plan to construct more flats on
unused public land/abandoned buildings for meeting residential crisis
of the government officials/employees, the minister added.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem