4 JMB operative arrested in city
DHAKA : The Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) arrested four operatives of the banned militant outfit Jama’atul Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) along with firearms, ammunition and equipment of making explosives from the city’s Jatrabari area in the early hours of today.
“We arrested four members of JMB’s Sarwar-Tamim group after raiding a flat housed on the first floor of a four-storey house at Purba Dholaipar early today,” said assistant director of RAB media wing senior ASP M Mizanur Rahman Bhuiyan told BSS.
Of the arrestees, Md Asfaq e Azam alias Apel, is the head of IT
(information technology) section of the Sarwar-Tamim group.
RAB personnel also seized two 9mm pistols, several rounds of bullet, sharp weapons, gunpowder and equipment of producing bombs from the den.
The detainees rented the house on January 23 after identifying them as construction workers.
Filing of cases is underway to this end.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem