3 bodies found 4 days after boat capsized in Jhalakathi
Jhalakathi: Four days after an engine-run boat capsized in the River Shugandha, three bodies were recovered from different areas of Jhalakathi.
Police recovered two bodies from College boat terminal area, and village of Sundar in Manki area of Rajapur on Tuesday morning.
The deceased are Mollick Raja, in his thirties, a resident of village of Penabalia in Jhalakathi, Alam Jomaddar of the same village, and Taslim Hawlader, in his fifities, a resident of the village of Deuri.
The Jhalakathi police Officer-in-charge (OC) Mahe Alam said local people called police after discovering two bodies floating in the River Sugandha, and another in the River Bishkhali. Police went to the spot and recovered the bodies. Later, police sent the bodies to Jhalakathi Sadar Hospital morgue after the relatives identified the bodies.
The Jhalakathi Fire Service Station Officer Golam Rasul said a boat was capsized in the River Shugandha near municipality boat terminal at about 7:30am on 6 January. Three passengers were missing after the boat capsized; the bodies were recovered on 10 January.
The boat driver and eight passengers managed to swim ashore.
More News »
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84