3 bodies found 4 days after boat capsized in Jhalakathi
Jhalakathi: Four days after an engine-run boat capsized in the River Shugandha, three bodies were recovered from different areas of Jhalakathi.
Police recovered two bodies from College boat terminal area, and village of Sundar in Manki area of Rajapur on Tuesday morning.
The deceased are Mollick Raja, in his thirties, a resident of village of Penabalia in Jhalakathi, Alam Jomaddar of the same village, and Taslim Hawlader, in his fifities, a resident of the village of Deuri.
The Jhalakathi police Officer-in-charge (OC) Mahe Alam said local people called police after discovering two bodies floating in the River Sugandha, and another in the River Bishkhali. Police went to the spot and recovered the bodies. Later, police sent the bodies to Jhalakathi Sadar Hospital morgue after the relatives identified the bodies.
The Jhalakathi Fire Service Station Officer Golam Rasul said a boat was capsized in the River Shugandha near municipality boat terminal at about 7:30am on 6 January. Three passengers were missing after the boat capsized; the bodies were recovered on 10 January.
The boat driver and eight passengers managed to swim ashore.
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways