1,376 foreign industrial plants given registrations: PM
SANGSAD BHABAN : Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina yesterday said the Board of Investment, abolished during the present government, and the newly constituted Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) have issued registrations to 1,376 cent percent foreign and joint venture industrial units from January 2009 to October 2016.
All these registered industrial plants have proposed investing $ 27.64 billion,” she said while replying to a tabled question from treasury bench member Kamrul Ashraf Khan in the Jatiya Sangsad.
The prime minister said that the present Awami League government has undertaken various initiatives to attract foreign investment and increase investment facilities and a significant success has been achieved in this regard.
The registered foreign and joint venture companies plans to create 4,31,688 employments in the country, she informed the House.
Sheikh Hasina said that the BIDA has also provided registrations to joint venture industries with direct foreign investment during the current fiscal 2016-17.
The registered joint venture companies include Arab Bangladesh Container Transport Co. Ltd. (Unit-2) with investment worth $ 2,281.20 million, SS Power I Ltd $ 1,256.48 million, SS Power II Ltd $ 1,256.48 million, Orion Power Unit-2 Dhaka Ltd $ 842.76 million Sembcorp North-West Power Company Ltd $ 412.50 million, Summit technopolis Ltd $ 204.61 million and Excelerate Energy Bangladesh Ltd $176 million, she added.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem