10 killed in Mymensingh road accident
MYMENSINGH : At least 10 people including women and children were killed and two others injured when a cement-laden truck carrying them plunged into a roadside ditch on Dhaka-Mymensingh highway at Meherabari in Bhaluka upazila of the district early hours of today.
The deceased were identified as Azizul Islam, 40, his wife Razia Khatun, 25, and three sons Mahedi Hasan, 11, Mizan,8, and Sizan,3, residents of Dhilkhanda village in Tarakhanda upazila of Mymensingh district and Joshna Begum 55, resident of Char Shirta under Sadar upazila of Mymensingh district, Sherazul Islam, 18, Shajahan,40, residents of Nalitabari upazila in Sherpur district, Shukur Ali, 65, resident of Nakla upazila in Sherpur district and Khurshed Ali, 25, resident of Sherpur Sadar upazila in Sherpur district, police said.
The accident took place around 3.45 am in the area when the truck went down the ditch, leaving 10 people dead on the spot and two others injured, said Mamunur Rashid, officer-in-charge (OC) of Bhaluka Thana Police.
On information, a firefighting unit and police rushed to the spot and
conducted the rescue operation.
The injured were admitted to the Mymensingh Medical College and Hospital (MMCH), police said.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem